The "In Control of One's Feeling" course provides essential Buddhist perspectives on understanding and managing emotions. Students will examine techniques and teachings for cultivating emotional intelligence, allowing them to respond to life's challenges with mindfulness and discernment.
- Recognize and identify diverse emotions in oneself and others.
- Understand the emotional causes and effects from a Buddhist psychological perspective.
- Develop mindfulness and self-awareness to effectively regulate emotional responses.
- Learn how to transmute negative emotions into positive characteristics such as compassion and resiliency.
- Develop daily strategies for maintaining emotional equilibrium and well-being.
After completing the "In Control of One's Feeling" course, students will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of their emotional landscape, thereby enhancing self-awareness and empathy.
- Recognize emotional reactivity triggers and patterns to facilitate healthier responses.
- Improve decision-making and interpersonal relationships through the cultivation of mindfulness and emotional intelligence.
- Utilize meditation and contemplative practices to constructively transform and channel emotions.
- Achieve greater emotional equilibrium, resulting in enhanced well-being and a sense of inner harmony.